- Company Name: Alexandria Shipyard
- Location: Egypt
- City: Alexandria
- Boat Material: Fiberglass, Aluminum, Steel
- Contact Number: (+203) 4403090 / 4405090
- Fax: (+203)4404672 / 4411605
- Website: http://www.alexyard.com.eg
- Listed: February 18, 2018 6:57 pm
- Expires: 337 days, 8 hours
Mohamed Aly pasha assigned the French Engineer De sirzi to establish a shipbuilding yard at Alexandria it was accomplished on 1831
Egyptian navy renaissance started in 1820 when Sultan Mohamed Ali began in the formation of Egyptian naval strong fleet.
After Nafarin battle in 1827 Mohamed Ali decided to establish a dry dock to build and repair the ships in the current company location with capacity up to 10000 tons and still works well as so far.
Alexandria shipyard was established in 1962, which is considered a pioneer in the field of shipbuilding and repair.
The ownership of the company’s move to Marine Industries and Services Organization of The Ministry of Defense.
The area of ASY is 400,000 m2.
55 total views, 4 today